The quaint, shoreline town of Branford offers a variety of activities for land and sea enjoyments with 20 miles of beaches, several breweries and unique shops and restaurants for every craving. For a small-town community, Branford offers a variety of restaurants ranging from seafood to pizza and Italian to Japanese. The Shoreline book
, a local magazine catered to the eight small towns that are collectively referred to as The Shoreline by residents, recently took the time to research the most popular restaurants on the East and West shorelines. Here are the top places to make the list:
- Gen-Z – Located at 2 E Main St. in Branford, this restaurant was recently voted “Best Vegetarian Restaurant” in the USA by Travel & Leisure. The menu is all 100-percent organic and features all locally grown ingredients!
- Le Petit Café – This little gem located at 225 Montowese St features a popular menu rich with authentic French flavor. Reservations are a must. Open Wednesday through Sunday, with seating at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Assaggio “A Taste” – This is where you take your fancy dinner date! Enjoy an intimate candlelight dinner over a contemporary Northern Italian fare. Located at 168 Montowese St.
- La Luna – This is a shoreline favorite, with its upscale yet comfortable setting and expertly varied lunch and dinner menus, featuring both authentic Tuscan dishes and innovative culinary creations certain to please. They also offer the best desserts on the Connecticut coast! Check them out at 168 N. Main St. in Branford
- 9 East Hibachi & Asian Kitchen – Located at 310 East Main St. there is a popular restaurant that offers sushi and sashimi, teriyaki and tempura, a host of different fusion rolls, and traditional Asian favorites. This amazing restaurant also offers a whole section of East-meets-West dinners and the wildly popular Hibachi grill.
- Lenny’s Indian Head Inn – Rich, flavorful seafood bisque, savory clear-broth clam chowder, and generously portioned fresh-from-the-sea fish dinners is what you’ll find at this perfect seafood restaurant. Located at 205 S. Montowese St., you’ll find everything seafood you could ever want!
- Home – The atmosphere is said to be just like a happy home with plenty of modern American and Italian food choices as well as gluten-free dishes. Located at 1114 Main St., this is a wonderful restaurant to take friends or family with food allergies!
The list continues, but why give away all the juicy details when you can experience the pure magic yourself? In addition to these incredible restaurants in Branford, the 2nd
Annual Docktoberfest begins Saturday, October 13 at Stony Creek Brewery. Come join the fun as the brewery is transformed into a German beer garden where you can enjoy live music, play fun games, dance the day away, and of course, indulge in German food and beer. Click here
to purchase your tickets in advance!
Located amongst all these mouthwatering restaurants is our Montoya apartments and condominiums.
The apartment community of Montoya features One and two bedroom apartments and townhomes, with fireplaces, decks, vaulted ceilings and gracious living spaces. Furry friends are also welcome in this pet-friendly community! Visit www.ctbestapts.com/apartments/branford/
to view information about the community and more.